Excelsior JET 8.0 Maintenance Pack 2 (MP2) is an optional update that fixes multiple customer issues. It supercedes Maintenance Pack 1 and incorporates all hotfixes you may have received from Excelsior Technical Support prior to March 18, 2015.
The most important issues resolved in Excelsior JET 8.0 MP2 are as follows:
- JET-7067: Allow disabling the osgi.clean property for JET-compiled Eclipse RCP applications
- JET-7090: -classabsence=err causes compilation to fail if Global Optimizer is enabled
- JET-7020: OOM when compiling large apps with 64-bit compiler
- JET-7238: Bug in VCF generation: class names ending in '$' are not properly handled
- JET-7095: WinService.logInfoEvent() logs events of a wrong type (Win)
- JET-7219: Access denied when mapping regions of files into memory via FileChannel (Win)
- JET-7131: Linker chokes on large applications on 64-bit Windows systems with "Insufficient memory" (Win)
- JET-7600: xstartup utility incorrectly handles arguments with spaces on Windows (Win)
If you are a registered customer of Excelsior JET 8.0, but have not received a user/password combination for MP2 download, request it from our Support Dept. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Maintenance Pack 2 + Java SE 6 Update 43 Support (prebuilt profile)|
MP2 installs on top of the original Excelsior JET 8.0, possibly with previous updates applied. If you need to make a fresh installation, install Excelsior JET 8.0 first, cancel JET Setup, and apply MP2.
To update an existing Excelsior JET installation, launch the downloaded executable and follow the on-line prompts. Upon successful copying of Maintenance Pack files, JET Setup will launch automatically and apply the Maintenance Pack.
Installation of MP2 does obsolete your existing profiles. (JET Setup backs them up, so if you rollback to the previous update level, they will be restored.) The pre-built profile bundled with this Maintenance Pack becomes the active profile automatically. If you do not want to use it for any reason, you can either create a new profile or refresh all or some of the obsolete profiles.
The procedure of profile refresh is as follows:
JET Setup is launched automatically upon a successful installation of MP2. Select the profile that you want refreshed and click Refresh.
Run JET Setup to display the list of profiles:
- Locate in the list the outdated profile(s) that you need to refresh and write down their numeric indexes.
For each profile index in your list, run JET Setup as follows:
jetsetup -refresh-profile profile
profileis the profile index.
To roll back to the previous update level, select Manage JET Updates in Excelsior JET Start Menu and click Undo.
Rollback does not remove the installed updates and associated profiles, so you can reapply MP2 later without installing it. Select Manage JET Updates and click Redo until it displays the current configuration as "jet-800-mp2".
Run JET Setup to display the list of installed updates:
Locate in the list the updates which you need to activate. Then run JET Setup again as follows:
jetsetup -activate-update list
listis a colon-separated list of update names.
Display the list of profiles available for the new combination of updates:
- If necessary, create new profiles.