Excelsior JET 11.0 Maintenance Pack 1 (MP1) is an optional update that fixes multiple customer issues. It incorporates all hotfixes you may have received from Excelsior Technical Support prior to December 02, 2015.
Excelsior JET 11.0 MP1 is a prerequisite for Java SE 8 Update 65 support.
The most important issues resolved in Excelsior JET 11.0 MP1 are as follows:
- Critical JET-8277: Sporadic IOExceptions due to corruption of O/S API error code after a system call
- JET-7598: Detect and work around threads that terminated without detaching from the JVM
- JET-8131: Crash on an attempt to print an error message during GC if the command line is enormously long
- JET-8172: Thread loop on Equinox framework stopping
- JET-8192: Minor resource leak upon thread termination
- JET-8193: Memory leak upon thread termination (OS X, Linux)
- JET-8265: Improve crash logs by adding information about executed instructions
- JET-8300: Re-issue MP1 for Windows to include a missing jfxwebkit.dll dependency (Windows)
If you are a registered customer of Excelsior JET 11.0, but have not received a user/password combination for MP1 download, request it from our Support Dept. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Maintenance Pack 1 + Java SE 8 Update 65 Support (prebuilt profile)|
MP1 installs on top of the original Excelsior JET 11.0, possibly with previous updates applied. If you need to make a fresh installation, install Excelsior JET 11.0 first, cancel JET Setup, and apply MP1.
To update an existing Excelsior JET installation, launch the downloaded executable and follow the on-line prompts. Upon successful copying of Maintenance Pack files, JET Setup will launch automatically and apply the Maintenance Pack.
Installation of MP1 does obsolete your existing profiles. (JET Setup backs them up, so if you rollback to the previous update level, they will be restored.) The pre-built profile bundled with this Maintenance Pack becomes the active profile automatically. If you do not want to use it for any reason, you can either create a new profile or refresh all or some of the obsolete profiles.
The procedure of profile refresh is as follows:
JET Setup is launched automatically upon a successful installation of MP1. Select the profile that you want refreshed and click Refresh.
OS X / Linux
Run JET Setup to display the list of profiles:
- Locate in the list the outdated profile(s) that you need to refresh and write down their numeric indexes.
For each profile index in your list, run JET Setup as follows:
jetsetup -refresh-profile profile
profileis the profile index.
To roll back to the previous update level, select Manage JET Updates in Excelsior JET Start Menu and click Undo.
Rollback does not remove the installed updates and associated profiles, so you can reapply MP1 later without installing it. Select Manage JET Updates and click Redo until it displays the current configuration as "jet-1100-mp1".
OS X / Linux
Run JET Setup to display the list of installed updates:
Locate in the list the updates which you need to activate. Then run JET Setup again as follows:
jetsetup -activate-update list
listis a colon-separated list of update names.
Display the list of profiles available for the new combination of updates:
- If necessary, create new profiles.