A Handy Utility
PassEto is a password manager with a twist: you remember one password and PIN, and PassEto makes you a unique random password for every occasion.
A Scientific Research Instrument
Climate Wikience is an Eclipse RCP-based tool that enables climate researchers to access and explore cloud-hosted multiterabyte climate reanalysis archives via rich desktop interface.
A Productivity Tool
ReminderCube is a multifunction desktop calendar.
A Cool Game
Cultris II is a versatile Tetris® clone with team play.
Your Project Here
Email us to have your non-commercial project featured here.
The Standard Edition is the entry-level flavor of Excelsior JET. It only generates 32-bit code, is not available for OS X, and does not include any advanced features. Still, it is good enough for the less demanding usage scenarios and even had a few paying customers back in the day.
We ceased sales of Excelsior JET, Standard Edition in August 2016. Instead, we now offer free personal licenses for that Edition to all prospects who opt in when evaluating Excelsior JET. Those licenses are perpetual and permit commercial use, with the same restrictions as the paid licenses. You may find the full terms of this offer on the Excelsior JET Evaluation Downloads page.
Professional And Enterprise Editions
Getting Your Free License
Further qualification criteria depend on which Excelsior JET edition you want to license (compare editions):
Frequently Asked Questions
- I use third party ads to support my project. Can I qualify for a free license?
It depends on the amount of revenue generated from those ads, though we admit it is difficult to draw the line. We'd say that a project is non-commercial if the revenues generated from ads do not go into authors' pockets, but are spent on the project - hosting, equipment, etc., or donated to charity.
Then, we do not like adware, but a reasonable amount of relevant advertisement on the project's Web site is OK.
- Many authors have found that offering a natively compiled version of their application increases both the number of downloads and the conversion rate. However, we understand that the upfront cost is way too high for a typical shareware author, so please check out our Microbusiness Licensing Program.
- My product has a free version and a paid version. Can I still qualify?
- See the previous answer.
- Do internal projects (i.e. those never released to the general public) qualify?
- Yes, they may qualify, provided that your organization is non-profit and secular. Otherwise, if the resulting software will be used in the business context, in other words, will help your employer, customer, partner, etc., make or save money, then a commercial license is required.
Still Unsure? Email Us
Email us a brief summary of your project and the anticipated benefits from your use of Excelsior JET. Make sure to include the project URL, if applicable.