A Handy Utility
PassEto is a password manager with a twist: you remember one password and PIN, and PassEto makes you a unique random password for every occasion.
A Scientific Research Instrument
Climate Wikience is an Eclipse RCP-based tool that enables climate researchers to access and explore cloud-hosted multiterabyte climate reanalysis archives via rich desktop interface.
A Productivity Tool
ReminderCube is a multifunction desktop calendar.
A Cool Game
Cultris II is a versatile Tetris® clone with team play.
Your Project Here
Email us to have your non-commercial project featured here.
Does My Project Qualify?
Getting Your Free License
Further qualification criteria depend on which Excelsior JET edition you want to license (compare editions):
Frequently Asked Questions
- I use third party ads to support my project. Can I qualify for a free license?
It depends on the amount of revenue generated from those ads, though we admit it is difficult to draw the line. We'd say that a project is non-commercial if the revenues generated from ads do not go into authors' pockets, but are spent on the project - hosting, equipment, etc., or donated to charity.
Then, we do not like adware, but a reasonable amount of relevant advertisement on the project's Web site is OK.
- Many authors have found that offering a natively compiled version of their application increases both the number of downloads and the conversion rate. However, we understand that the upfront cost is way too high for a typical shareware author, so please check out our Microbusiness Licensing Program.
- My product has a free version and a paid version. Can I still qualify?
- See the previous answer.
- Do internal projects (i.e. those never released to the general public) qualify?
- Yes, they may qualify, provided that your organization is non-profit and secular. Otherwise, if the resulting software will be used in the business context, in other words, will help your employer, customer, partner, etc., make or save money, then a commercial license is required.
Still Unsure? Email Us
Email us a brief summary of your project and the anticipated benefits from your use of Excelsior JET. Make sure to include the project URL, if applicable.