Notice Early-stage startups, microISVs, and other very small businesses qualify for a discount.
Licensing Quick Facts
- Excelsior JET is available in three editions: Standard*, Professional, and Enterprise. (compare)
- Versions for Windows, OS X, and Linux are sold separately and do not support cross-compilation, so a discount applies when you buy a multiplatform bundle.
- You need to purchase a separate license for each developer workstation or build server on which you want to install Excelsior JET.
- There are no runtime royalties, i.e. you can optimize and package any number of applications and distribute them in any number of copies, provided those applications are designed to run on general purpose desktop computers or servers and are not bundled with devices that provide dedicated functionality.†
- All Excelsior JET licenses are perpetual and come with a one-year Support Contract. The Support Contract includes free upgrades and is renewable on an annual basis.
* The Standard Edition is not available for OS X.
† The Excelsior JET Runtime License prohibits deployment to, and bundling with, embedded systems. If you are a device manufacturer, check out Excelsior JET Embedded.
Notice The Standard Edition is not available for OS X.
Generates 32-bit (x86) native executables
Generates 64-bit (x64) native executables
Protects plain Java SE applications from decompilers
Refer to the Feature Matrix for details.
We gladly provide Excelsior JET licenses at no cost to authors of free, non-commercial Java applications that meet a few simple qualification criteria.
- What payment methods are available?
Our e-commerce providers accept all major credit cards and PayPal in most countries. Bank/wire transfers are also widely accepted.
Other payment methods, such as checks, money orders, and national payment systems are available in selected countries.
If you can pay by bank/wire transfer, you can opt to pay direct to us and receive a small discount, which may be enough to offset you bank's wire transfer fee.
- Once I make the payment, when will I receive the product?
If you pay online, you will receive the download instructions for the full version by email as soon as your payment clears. Unless your order triggers a fraud check, this takes just a few minutes. Make sure to specify a valid email on your order and check your Junk Mail box.
If you pay by wire or send a check in the mail, allow for one extra business day for manual order processing.
- Do you accept Purchase Orders?
- Yes, we gladly accept Purchase Orders from businesses, government agencies, academic institutions, hospitals and other reputable entities. Please note, however, that there is no direct equivalent of a Purchase Order in our jurisdiction at the moment. As a result, we currently require prepayment on all Purchase Orders. If this is not acceptable to you, please feel free to order through your favorite reseller.
- Can I request a written quote?
- Sure. Email us at email@example.com with the exact name of the product you want to purchase, number of licenses and the information you need to be present on the quote — your name, company name, address, phone number, any reference numbers, etc.
- What is the deadline for lagged Support Contract renewals?
The new support period begins where the previous one left off. So you can renew your contract on the 365th day since its expiration, but it will only last for one day. (You would receive the previously released upgrades though.)
If the renewal is past due by more than one year, you have to purchase an upgrade.
By way of example, suppose you bought Excelsior JET 7.6 on September 15th, 2012. Your purchase included one year of support an upgrades, so you also received version 8.0 in April 2013 at no cost. Suppose you then decided to wait until we add support for Java 7, and only renewed your Support Contract in, say, March 2014.
Nevertheless, the renewed contract spans from Sep 16, 2013 to Sep 15, 2014.